Terms Of Service
The Sight Reading Lab (the “Service,” or “tSRL”) is a product of RubricKing LLC (“RubricKing,” “we,”
or “us”), a Florida limited liability company. These terms (“Terms of Service”) govern the use of all
user accounts ("Customers") and their End Users, as well as all activity on, in, or related to the Service or the tSRL web site, or
otherwise as stated in these Terms.
- You must provide valid registration information as requested by tSRL.
- Each account may only be used by one (1) person. A single account may not be shared between multiple people.
- If you are under the age of eighteen (18), your parent or guardian must read and consent to the Agreement before you can use the Service. Only after you have received their permission and they have consented to the terms and conditions of our Agreement, can you lawfully use the Service. You cannot continue to use or access the Service until such time.
- If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a business entity, you must represent that you have the legal authority to duly bind that business to this Agreement; in which case the terms “you”, “your” or “Member” shall refer to that business entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of our Agreement, then you cannot use the Service.
- You are responsible for the security of your account and password. We cannot and will not be liable for the results of security breaches that result from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not share your password.
- Your account subscription fees will be charged in USD (United States Dollars).
- You are fully responsible for all content posted and all activity that occurs under your username and/or password.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal activities.
- You must not, throughout your use of the Service, violate any applicable laws in your jurisdiction, and this is including, but not limited to, copyright laws.
- RubricKing may review your account at any time for any reason.
- Purchased services are valid for up to one year from purchase date ("Order Term").
- If Customer intends to enable End Users under the age of 18 to access or use our Service, then Customer will, before allowing any such End User to access or use those products or offerings, obtain parental consent for the collection and use of personal information to the extent required by applicable law.
- Requesting Additional End User Accounts During Order Term. Customer may request additional End User Accounts during an Order Term by means of ordering via the Service. Such additional End User Accounts will not be pro-rated to the last day of the applicable Order Term.
- COPPA and Parental Consent. If Customer allows End Users under the age of 13 to use the Services,
Customer consents as required under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") to
the collection and use of personal information in the Services, described in the Privacy Notice,
from such End Users (to the extent COPPA is applicable in Customer’s jurisdiction).
- FERPA. The parties acknowledge that (a) Customer Data may include personally identifiable
information from education records that are subject to FERPA ("FERPA Records") and (b) to
the extent that Customer Data includes FERPA Records, Rubricking will be considered a
"School Official" (as that term is used in FERPA and its implementing regulations) and
will comply with FERPA. "FERPA" means the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(20 U.S.C. 1232g) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulations (34 CFR Part 99),
as amended or otherwise modified from time to time.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will fully refund the cost of your order within seven (7) days from the purchase date. No refunds will be granted after seven (7) days from the purchase date.
- Your use of the Service is at your own risk.
- RubricKing does not accept responsibility for any user who uses the website for any purpose other than for which it is intended.
- Material on this website may be printed one time for each piece, for personal or educational use only. No material on this website may be reprinted, distributed, published, or sold without the express written consent of RubricKing.
- RubricKing retains all rights to music uploaded at theSightReadingLab.com. The license granted to our users is limited to the terms of these Account Terms and may not be sublicensed or transferred.
- We may remove any content, materials, files, or data that we determine, in our sole discretion, are violating the terms of service of are otherwise harmful, including but not limited to content deemed unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, explicitly obscene, generally objectionable, or violating any party's intellectual property. We may disable, limit, or delete accounts that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be associated with or compromised by any such content, materials, files, or data.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any RubricKing employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination and potential criminal charges.
- You must not transmit any worms, viruses or any other code of a destructive and furtive nature.
- RubricKing does not guarantee that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- RubricKing bears no liability for any losses of any kind that you may incur through the use of the Service.
- Schools that Act as the Parent’s Agent. Schools that contract with RubricKing to provide our services for legitimate educational purposes only may consent to the collection of student information on the parent’s behalf and may also request to review and/or delete a student’s personal information. Schools should consider making these same notices available to parents.
- The failure of RubricKing to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and RubricKing and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and RubricKing (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- The liability of RubricKing and any other person or entity associated with us, for any claim or cause of action related to the Service, regardless of the identity of the claimant or the specific cause of action pursued, shall be limited to: (a) a refund of the purchase amount paid by the claiming user for access to and use of the Service, if the claiming person or entity is a user of the Service, or (b) one hundred dollars ($100.00) if the claiming person or entity is not a user of the Service.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to info at thesightreadingLab dot com.
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- RubricKing does not pre-screen posted content, but RubricKing and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright ©2023 RubricKing, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from RubricKing.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- RubricKing is not obligated to compensate you for providing feedback and suggestions about the Service.
- You understand that RubricKing uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RubricKing, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of the Website and Service, including but not limited to indemnification for your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms of Service.
Modifications, Cancellations, Suspensions and Terminations to Accounts and Services
- RubricKing reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to modify or discontinue the Service, temporarily or permanently.
- RubricKing reserves the right to change the prices of any and all services upon 30 days’ notice.
- RubricKing shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- RubricKing, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other RubricKing service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account.
- RubricKing, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- For accounts that were activated with a purchase order, if payment is not received within sixty (60) days of the date of activation, the account(s) will be suspended until payment is received. Credit will not be given for the time of suspended service.